The night of the 23rd of December, we had a family Christmas party. It was my mom's side of the family and it was at my Grandma Joy and Grandpa Delbert's house. We had a great time and the kids had lots of fun too. We had some dinner and then opened some white elephant gifts. This year Jason and I got a cute snowman decoration and a fun children's Christmas book. It was just the adults that did the gift exchange, but the kids had fun helping us open presents and playing in the tissue paper. They also enjoyed my grandparents pool table and chasing each other around with the pool sticks. Yeah, we put a stop to that. It was great to see some of my cousins and chat with them. I don't get to see them very often, so it was nice to visit with them.
Abby, Emma, Afton and Dax coming upstairs after playing with the pool table.
Getting ready to open the white elephant gifts.
This is the gift Jessie got. Can you tell how excited she is to have hot pink pumps? I actually brought these shoes. I got them a few years ago when my friends and I did white elephant gifts. I think Brook brought them. I'd left them at my in-laws so I decided to reuse them. One of my cousins actually ended up taking them home. She really liked them and they fit her so Jessie gave them up. I know it was hard for her, but she was so nice to give them away.
Logan's favorite game of the night. He was throwing every one's shoes down the stairs.
The guys look so excited to be there. They were actually hiding all of the good white elephant gifts.
Doesn't my hubby look so excited to be there? I think he was starting to get hot. My grandparents like to keep their house at like 75 degrees so it was a little toasty.

No comments:
Post a Comment